My blog about my wargaming activities. I collect a lot of 15mm miniatures for the American War of Independence and so collect a lot of rules for this period. I started miniatures with Napoleonics, so I have a number of armies in 6mm and 15mm figures for skirmishing. I have15mm WW II figures that I use for Flames of War, Memoir '44, and someday, Poor Bloody Infantry. Finally there is my on-again, off-again relationship with paper soldiers that I sometimes write about.

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Battle Mart 1/50 Scale Resin Models

While I was at MAG-Con II I was able to take a look at the 28mm and 1/50th scale models (primarily Precision Model Design, but also Corgi) that Battle Mart has available for WW II gaming. The models look really good, and I could tell that some of it was in use in the NUTS! and Flying Lead games that I had played. (The Kubelwagen in th NUTS! scenario, for example, was Corgi.)

In addition to new models, vehicle accessories, and terrain they also had some PMD painted models as a part of their "scratch and dent" sale. Now, I did find one scratch on one of the three vehicles I bought, but I think this was his way of getting the models out there and in use at games.

Normally these models sell for about $30 unpainted (although Battle Mart is having a 20% off sale at the moment), but I was able to obtain each painted model for $20, so I felt like I was getting a pretty good deal. Here are some pictures:




They are basic paint jobs, but effective nonetheless. I may do some detailing here and there, but probably not much. (Too much unpainted stuff to paint without having to worry about the painted stuff!)

Jay encourages you to email him at customerservice@battlemart.com if you want something and he does not have it (keeping in mind that his forte is 28mm WW II gaming).

Now, for Christmas I need a Sherman, an M3 Halftrack, and a Sdkfz 251/1 Halftrack - at a minimum - to play some of the NUTS! scenarios I bought at MAG-Con II.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Blog and Forum Pages

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
Huachuca City, Arizona, United States
I am 58 yrs old now. I bought a house in Huachuca City, AZ working for a software company for the last three years. To while away the hours I like to wargame -- with wooden, lead, and sometimes paper miniatures -- usually solo. Although I am a 'rules junkie', I almost always use rules of my own (I like to build upon others' ideas, but it seems like there is always something "missing" or "wrong").